On average Losing up to 100 hairs a day is normal. Personally, I am not counting the strands I find throughout my day to day… But I did start to think about possibilities of why there is way more hair coming out the 2-4 times a week I am actually BRUSHING MY HAIR!!!
If I brushed my hair daily I would see less lost by brushing every couple days. Here are a few benefits to remember when you actually make time to brush your hair;
- It helps in stimulating the blood flow to increase circulation of nutrients and oxygen. This also will promote new healthy hair growth!
- Keeps the pores of the hair and scalp open and also helps hair in retaining natural oils.
- Adds shine and volume to your hair.
- Reduces the amount of hair lost while cleansing.
If brushing your hair daily and before you jump in the shower isn’t comforting any improvements, here are a few other factors to consider for Reasons for hair loss:
- Lack Of Protein
- Female Hormones (New or Changing BC)
- Dramatic Weight loss
- Vitamin B Deficient
- Too much styling (Heat exposure, Ponytails/Tight Hair ties, or Tight Braiding)
I am a big fan of B vitamins, weekly scalp massage and a healthy diet to keep my hair skin and nails strong. Balancing a few of the items listed above could really help you in decreasing the amount of hair you are losing on a weekly basis. If you’re still concerned, I cam across this Quiz from MarieClaire.com you can take to really get to the bottom of your concerns.
My final recommendations include, brushing your hair more frequently, stimulate circulation with a scalp massage or even include specialty shampoo systems, and balance a healthy lifestyle to maintain nutrients and low stress levels. Let me know if you see any improvements, I would love to share your experience!